Tuesday 1 February 2011

We need more Coriander

Until two years ago, that's a phrase that I wouldn't dream about saying. Coriander was an ethnic way of ruining good food. One year ago, I wouldn't say it either, but my mind had started to kind of include it into the "things we might have to reconsider" folder in my brain. So today my wife, who has always loved Coriander, did a lurid happy dance in my direction when I said those words while doing soup. So yes, I now love Coriander.
What I haven't decided upon is if it will improve our cooking or not. It used to be that whatever we cooked, we always thought that it could be improved by adding garlic and chili, so now we will include Coriander as well. I have to admit that popcorn wasn't improved by adding garlic, although Tabasco did. So now most of our cooking will contain those three ingredients, and while garlic and chili can sneak under the radar for some houseguests, Coriander won't. Perhaps we'll need to start having Coriander free Thursdays or something...
But it's funny how ones tastebuds can change over the years, or that you simply is a late bloomer to some tastes. So now I'm just waiting for my wife to warm to beer...

No comments:

Post a Comment