Saturday 29 January 2011

Brisket #1

Today is brisket day! It's also plastering, sanding and painting day, but that's a bit lower down on the fun-scale of things. I do love my DIY, but I've discovered that plastering probably belongs more as a separate ring of hell in Dante's Inferno than on my list of things I enjoy doing.

Not fun.

So hence the theme for today is brisket (and nothing else!). The current status is that I've rubbed it with spices, which is the same mixture as I used for my ribs, but I also gave it a thin layer of Dijon mustard so that the spice rub would stick better. I have to admit that I'm not 100% sure that my butcher cut the brisket properly, since the brisket concept seems to be more of an American cut than a French one. But if today's brisket turns out well, I'll bring more printed out pictures to the butcher next time.

Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment