Wednesday 27 July 2011

Deboned chicken with mozzarella and tomato.

I saw an interesting video on youtube recently (video), some french guy showed how to debone a chicken and that looked really nice. So I though I would give it a go. In the video he says it should take about a minute to debone a chicken, and I think I did rather good, it took me around two beers, which is rather quick for a newbie.
What do you call a spineless and gutless chicken? A chicken chicken?
Having removed all the non-meat parts, I added a mix of tomato, mozzarella, basil and chili, and trussed it up. In French they call this a "saucisse poulet", i.e. a chicken sausage, which is rather fitting.

I've been to TG...
In the barbecue and half an hour later it was ready. Even the "BBQ cat" showed up rather quickly which I take as a good sign, and yes, it was very good.

Chickenloaf?
 Might have to use a stronger filling and maybe let it marinade from the inside for a bit longer, but we're onto something here...

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Looks like you learned the technique pretty well!

    So next: Chilly, mozzarella, garlic, chilly, garlic and coriander, and did I say chilly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: hang on... this bbq doesn't look shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the old kettle BBQ, not the shiny, shiny new one.

    ReplyDelete